Privacy & Cookies
"Personal information" means any information related to you as an individual. It may include (but not necessarily limited to) name, age, gender, address, telephone number, email address, financial information and any other information identifying you that you might give us via this website or in any way at any time.
When do we collect your personal information?
We may collect and process personal information when:
- You give us information when you register a new account or log into your user account in order to use our services such as bargainer newsletter, user ratings or when attending contests, promotions, prize draws or surveys on the website;
- You are buying or looking at a product or service from a merchant who presents its offers on our website;
- You complain, make an inquiry, or provide us some feedback;
- Whenever you provide us personal information, directly or through the website.
We will indicate where you can choose to provide personal information. If you choose not to give us such personal information, you may find that some services or functions on the website are not available to you.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process the registration of your account and maintain the use of it;
- To allow you to use our services such as bargainer newsletter, bargainer cashback, user reviews, to participate to any contests, promotions, prize draws, surveys on the website or to notify you about changes to any of these services;
- To help us understanding what products you have viewed or purchased through the website and provide you with better and more individual services, including relevant advertising, offers on products, services, content and special offers;
- To analyze the use of the website, including user demographics, interests and behavior to optimize the services we offer;
- To investigate suspected violations of the terms of service.
Do we share your personal information with third parties?
We may provide your personal information to other parties as follows:
- To selected and trusted third parties who may use your personal information to individualize offers and any other content that you can receive. These third parties are not permitted to share or sell your information to anyone else;
- To business partners to process the registration and maintain the use of your account, as well as assisting us providing our services to you. These business partners are required to keep such information confidential and have no right to use it for any other purpose than assisting us;
- Some statistical information about users of the website, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters to reputable third parties but these details will not include information that can be used to identify you personally;
- To law enforcement, regulatory authorities or legal advisers in connection with allegations of criminal offenses or suspected violations of the terms of service or if required by applicable law;
- To any member of bargainer group;
- In the event of selling or buying any business or assets, we may provide personal information to potential sellers or buyers of such businesses or assets.
How long do we store personal information?
We only store personal information as long as it is necessary for the purposes described above, in the section entitled "How do we use your personal information?".
How do we protect personal information?
We use all standard industrial methods and have strict security procedures covering the collection, storage and dissemination of personal information to prevent unauthorized access and to comply with applicable European privacy laws. All personal information you provide us is stored on our secure servers or those of our business partners. The secure servers encrypt all personal information you enter before sending it to us. The password given to you or which you have chosen allows you to access certain restricted parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping it confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
What are cookies and web beacons? How do we use them?
A cookie is a small piece of data sent to your web browser from a website's server and stored on the hard drive of your computer. A web beacon is a small image (usually included in a web page or email) that allow a website to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies.
Where do we store personal information?
We store personal information on servers in the UK and Ireland. Some personal information could also be transferred to servers in Sweden and the USA, which are processed by a third party on our behalf. Although the legislation in the United States regarding the storage of personal information is less strict than within the EEA, we comply with European data protection laws to save and transfer your personal information.
You have the right to access information stored about you. You also have the right to request the correction of incorrect or incomplete information about you. If you wish to receive a copy of your personal information we store, please send a letter to "Juridisk avdeling, Kelkoo AS, Lysaker Torg 2, p.b 277 1366 Lysaker".
Posting of personal information in publicly accessible areas
A publicly accessible area on the website is an area that can be accessed by the public and can be indexed by search engines. You are solely responsible for personal information that you provide and spread on publicly accessible areas. You should never give personal information relating to other persons without their explicit consent.